Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Moving into 2018




I bet we all had our share of  2017. Some good, some bad and some ugly ( current admin ). Anyway, I had a cocktail of everything. I was absolutely confident about myself,  my family, job, health and finances. First quarter results plummeted in my company and some of the senior folks including me were laid off. I was so angry, frustrated and nervous. The professional network and business ecosystem and finances that I had built, began to crumble. As a business professional with decades of experience in the healthcare industry, I felt so weak and hopeless for the first time. I lost my confidence in looking for another one. After trying all my channels, my job search wasn’t going well. With depression and negativity crawling around me I learned something interesting.  I found that my feminine side began to rise up and wasn’t willing to give up.  I kept aside my  professional ego and got involved in the lives of people who were struggling and hurting like me.  I say this with utmost humility.

Though it was really hard on family and me as a gender fluid person, I always felt comfortable as Celia.  I participated in various events, rallies, seminars  and non profits organizations that broadened my ability to be brave and explore new horizons that I have never imagined before.  - Gun Control and Healthcare protest through Indivisible:Conejo in my community, Shot a movie about bullying for a church, acted in a Hollywood commercial, Received an innovation award from Satrang, Chosen as Ambassodor for Sahodari, Community dinner for Homeless-UCC Simi, AIDS event in Ventura, Kalki’s visit and meetings in SoCAL, TG/GNC Support networks – FFLUID, PFLAG, Diversity Collective, helped during Thomas fire, LA City Hall meeting, Trans Job Fair and interviews focusing on GNC in LA Blade, Educated and Counseled folks in India. …..The list goes on. My daily schedule was busier than my Corp Job.

I developed a great sense of appreciation and respect for my femininity than before.  I saw the world differently, not as a thick headed corporate man would see.  I came out more openly and boldly in my interviews even today. I keep reminding myself that “When one door closes, another will open”. Every experience in our life counts in making  us a better person.

I am no longer nervous about 2018 nor have regrets about 2017. When  I land in my next job, these amazing experiences will be an integral part of who I am, as it is already weaved into my cover letter. I believe that God has a plan for my life and I am going to be ok. J


No comments:

Post a Comment